26 March 2015
Umpire Responsibilities: READ BY LAWS FIRST
- Come to field 40 minutes before the start of the game. Do the followings:
- Get players list of both teams.
- Collect 1 new ball and 1 used ball from both teams.
- Collect your money (2x $20) = $40 (cash only).
- Distribute 2 trash bags, 1 each to both teams.
- Talk to the Host team to get the field ready at least 15 minutes before the start of the game.
- 30 minutes before the game call both team captains and make the toss. After that
. a. Ask Batting team to get 3 batsman ready and 1 wicket Keeper from the fielding team
b. Get scorebook/app ready.
- 10 Minutes before the game, Umpire has to go to the field with Leg umpire.
a. Ask fielding team to bring their fielders inside the field.
b. Take a photo of all players by team and one group photo from your phone (both teams this time) and email to nizam_va at yahoo.com
- 5 Minutes before the game call the batsman in field.
- Start the game on time .
- 1st power play is for 6 overs (only 2 players outside of the 30 yard circle)
- 2nd Batting power play is for 4 overs ( between 12-25) or (22-25 by default). (Only 3 players outside of 30 yard circle)
- After 15 overs or on your discretion, give a 5 Minutes drink break (all players stay inside the field).
- After 30 overs or 1st innings give a 10 Minute break. Only Umpire takes 5 minute and go back to the field with Leg umpire for the Second Innings. Call all the players 3 minutes before the 2nd Innings. Get 2nd Innings start on time.
- Main Umpire makes all the decisions.
- After game finish:
- Decline “Man of the match”
- Two captains must Sign on paper score book
- Host team must put everything back on trunk (6 stamps, 4Bells, Boundary flag, 30 yard cone, nail, spray, hammer, broom, 2 chairs, trash bag and finally the Mat)
- Please make sure there is no trash on field
- Text 571-502-7168 and 571-501-8383 after everything is done( just before leave).